“IBRF brings together an international community that is affected by neurological disorders, offering them hope, innovation, and credibility. Trust in IBRF.”
— Joanna Plafsky, Plafsky Family Foundation
Congressional Brain Injury Task Force
Cutting Edge Research
IBRF is committed to excellence in the neurosciences and is dedicated to promoting brain health. Historically, cures for brain disease, injury, and dysfunction have been typically slow in development. In the face of that challenge, IBRF seeks to accelerate the development of brain cures by supporting translational, clinical research that is state-of-the-art and innovative in its approach. By gathering an international cadre of experts, and utilizing a network of worldwide, multidisciplinary venues, IBRF is able to harness the brightest talent and resources to tackle the complexities of the brain and provide hope for future cures. IBRF brings a think-tank landscape to the frontier of neuroscience research, ultimately to improve the quality of life and functioning of brain impaired individuals.
Areas of Focus include:
- Traumatic and Non-Traumatic Brain Injury, with special attention to Severe Disorders of Consciousness, Coma, and Stroke;
- Autism Spectrum Disorders;
- The Aging Brain (Dementia, Alzheimer's, Memory Disorders);
- Learning and Attentional Disorders;
- Developmental Brain Disorders; and
- Chronic and Progressive Neurological/neuropsychological Disorders.
The International Brain Research Foundation
"New Frontiers in Brain Science"
In Honor Of The Plafsky Family Foundation - In Recognition of Their Outstanding Support
May 19, 2011 - American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY Click here for details